Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beer of the Day

Pumpking
 This beer is brewed by Southern Tier Brewing Company http://www.southerntierbrewing.com/index1.html

It is a Pumpkin Ale
Stats: 19 Degrees Plato
8.8 Degrees L
2-row Pale Malt
Caramel Malt
Pureed Pumpkin

Kettle Hops: Magnum
Aroma Hops: Sterling

ABV 2009 7.9%
ABV 2010 9.0%

The first time I had was beer was in Temecula, Ca at a Pub named "Barley and Hops."
I went in expecting to have an experience like I had with a local brew at a restraunt I previously went to. Boy was I ever wrong,

A - Yellow corn colour.

S - Strong waves of sweet pumpkin pie and candy corn, so pleasant!

T - Starts with strong sweet caramel and candy corn flavours, and ends with a sweet chewy pumpkin pie taste, but being 9% abv it is hidden exceptionally well.

M - Medium-Light body, very drinkable and perfect carbonation.

D - So damn drinkable, a little sweet at times, but still... mmm!

2 comments: